Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay/Grounding issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

opouille

Hi All,

I am trying to start a laptop with an IP camera.
The IP camera has a relay. I pulled wires from the laptop ON/OFF button and when I touch the wires, then the laptop starts and stops. Both the camera and the laptop are powered from the same battery power and therefore use the same ground.

Then I connected the Camera Relay to the wires. Then using the webpage from the camera I can start and stop the laptop.

The problem is that after a while I burn the relay on the camera. I thought about using a diode to prevent that, but I am on the right track?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,

What is the camera relay current rating and what current does the laptop require?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back