Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay delay circuit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue1

Hello all.Now I know the Schematic I attached is super simple,nothing more than a relay and two solenoids,but I have a question about adding a delay.Basically the solenoids interact with the same circuit but different voltages when activated.The one is very large and slow to respond,this causes some "overlap" which then causes a brief short in the circuit the solenoids control.I would like to add something that would delay the activation of each solenoid when the relay sends the voltage..EX. SOL1-ON-Delay----Off----SOL2-ON---Delay--Off..This would keep "Them away" from each other.I tried some caps on the positive side of the coils,which works,but they also delay them turning off.I have a few other ideas but wanted to hear from you experts.Thanks in advance for the help..:)

Attachments

• Relay.GIF
    Relay.GIF
    8.9 KB · Views: 251
You might want to consider an "interlock" idea, where you wire it so that the one has to be off before the other can be on, for example. If you have extra relay contacts, you can do this easily by having the power for the second relay pass through some NC contacts on the first relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back