Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relay controlling a mains lighting circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
**broken link removed**

will this relay be suitable to power a couple of light pendulums. I'm not sur e exactly how many but about 7. I'm using the 6V kind.

So do I wire my relay to the twin brown (switch wire) from the ceiling rose right? The relay will switch on all the lights

Last edited:
The relay coil is 6/12VDC and so you need that to control the relay. If you want to power the relay coil from the mains then you will need a relay with an AC coil rated for the mains voltage.

Yeah the supply to activate the relay will be 6v dc. But it will be swithing an 230v ac lighting circuit. So do i just wire the switch wire from the ceiling rose to the relay?

a standard 12v relay will work even with 7.5v 500ma current. I have powered a 12v portable (small relays)relay from 7.5v without having any problem but remember u guys need a rectifier diode to protect the relay driver transistor from back E.M.F when power off a relay. if you didnt connect a diode properly the transistor will blow for sure

-Goodluck with your experiments

Yeah the supply to activate the relay will be 6v dc. But it will be swithing an 230v ac lighting circuit. So do i just wire the switch wire from the ceiling rose to the relay?
Yes, you just wire the 230V to the appropriate relay contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back