Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relationship Between I2C and North and South Bridgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eplanet

hello dears
As you know that I2C performs chip-to-chip communications using only two wires in a serial interface, allowing ICs to communicate with fewer pins and bridges in motherboard communications with some chips for speed synchronizing.
Do you thing within the bridges using I2C technology ?

I2C is a fairly slow interface, it was designed for communication between IC's in TV sets, but has been expanded to other devices as well - it's basic point is to simplify PCB construction.

It's slow speed means it's not going to used in anything that requires any kind of speed, so it's not going to be used for communication in PC motherboards - with the exception of things like reading the real time clock chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back