Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regulator design

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpk222

hi,
I am doing a project on power supply design. my input is 12v,1amp. my required outputs are 7v,400mA; 3.3v,500mA; 1.8v,600mA
i have a quest..
>what is the role of inductor used in switching regulator?
>how to select the inductor for a particular switching regulator?
>on what factor does the value of inductor depend?
>in linear regulators, is the input current equal to the output current?
>Does the PCB also draws some current after fabricating IC's on it?
>how to calculate the input resistance of the switching regulator IC?:confused:

Go to This Page. Put in your requirements, and see what LTC products will work. It will generate a sample design that you can explore using their free Spice simulator. Run the simulation, and probe the design voltages and currents. It will teach you more about switching regulators than 20 posters here might...

This has all been covered on a previous set of posts:

Switching regulator
hi,
I am doing a project on power supply design. my input is 12v,1amp. my required outputs are 7v,400mA; 3.3v,500mA; 1.8v,600mA.
help me in selecting the corrrect topology.
i have a quest..
why is a inductor used in switching regulator?

Last edited:
Inductors store current when a current is applied in a magnetic field, and produces a voltage when the current is removed and the magnetic field collapses. That's about it. Many uses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back