Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding creating a lab

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopalakrishnan

hai to all

i am a newbie to this forum. I want to set an electronics lab in my home. i am an indian. i am an doing my p.g in electronics. so kindly help me what are the components and tools are required. along with that kindly specify the brand name with model number. if you came to know any resource regarding that kindly attach to it. your valuable suggestion help me to set up better lab.

thanks in advance
K.Gopalakrishnan

you need: (basic need)
1. a P.C (for simulation , programming etc)
2. work bench having clamps, soldering iron holder,soldering iron, lead, a filter fan for toxic fumes etc
3. measuring instruments : power supply, multimeter(fluke) , oscilloscope (fluke) etc
4. some necessary active , passive components
and pg mean post graduation , right? don't you have any practical knowledge in this man?

Last edited:
a bit of lead may be vaporized during soldering, can cause lead poisoning (prolonged use) right?

No, you can also test them in the basement, or in garden, at work, or a train station... What was the point of your question?
Usualy you can´t test a schematic as it is just a piece of paper with some ink on it, but you can simulate a circuit schematic in a PC program, or test a real circuit.

a bit of lead may be vaporized during soldering, can cause lead poisoning (prolonged use) right?

No this was covered in a recent thread agument. :)

Lead vaporising only happens at very high temperatures approaching the temp at where the lead starts to go from a liquid to a gas (happens in some furnace applications).

Lead soldering, especially with a temperature controlled soldering iron only uses enough temperature to just get the lead to transition from a solid to a liquid, the amount of lead "vaporised" into a gas is so small to be practically considered zero.

And mainly for the flux fumes it's a good idea to have a fan or extractor going anyway, you won't want to be breathing any of that stuff in when soldering.

No this was covered in a recent thread agument. :)

Lead vaporising only happens at very high temperatures approaching the temp at where the lead starts to go from a liquid to a gas (happens in some furnace applications).

Lead soldering, especially with a temperature controlled soldering iron only uses enough temperature to just get the lead to transition from a solid to a liquid, the amount of lead "vaporised" into a gas is so small to be practically considered zero.

And mainly for the flux fumes it's a good idea to have a fan or extractor going anyway, you won't want to be breathing any of that stuff in when soldering.

May I have the thread? :)

Sometimes I do like the smell... :eek:

There are always some basic equipment (multimeter, scope, DC power supply) which are common to all branches of electronics.

But then depending on the specialty, you may required additional equipment:
-you'll be designing power supplies? An electronic load and/or hefty resistor bank is required
-you'll be designing audio equipment? A low distortion signal generator and a distortion analyzer will be used
-you'll be designing with microcontrollers? A programmer and/or emulator required
etc.

You get the point.

May I have the thread? :)

Sometimes I do like the smell... :eek:

Sorry I can't remember the thread name, but it was a couple (or a few) months ago. These kind of arguments go around regularly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back