Refrigerator Venting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nigel Goodwin said:
Put a plain 100% white raster on a TV, you can read by it in a fair sized room - bearing in mind it's not a point source like a light bulb.

That's a critically flawed way of measuring light. When the room is dark, the eyes adapt and can read in light thousands, even millions, of times fainter than "normal" light. This highly advantageous adaptation makes it impossible to gauge the intensity of light sources.

I can read by an LED flashlight at from quite a ways away, with it illuminating a pretty decent area, a few sq feet. Usually those should be around 4V @ 20mA, 10% efficient could be 8mW of light.

sanity

I was just thibking of this so I typed in a search, "vent ref... heat". now I've joined this site. here's another one. gepthermal heating and cooling. what cools easy and it easy to pump? water or refridgerant used to change air temps above ground? or air itself? why not run air itself underground to be heated or cooled by the earth itself and pump the more desired temp' air up and into your home? surely a system I believe would work like this. it's my project for summer before the extreme heat hits. I'm in mesa, az. I'm gonna rig up a chase and vent under my fridge too. maybe a couple spare low voltage 12v dc computer fans. that should cost about,,, nuthin' to run. thanks for your input.. bob

ok, here's the expert idea. joking of course. you know how rhe heat from the fridge comes shooting right out from under the "front" of the fridge? come onnn. let me think,,, what other appliance gives off heat? a dryer. I know many other factors contributing, but... , blow the heat out the back to a vent outside. keep the fridge inside but not it's heat.. I'm doing this to mine today. I live in az. a/c's are exp.$ to run. why work against it? have fun bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…