Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflective Object Sensor, Design with the QRE1113GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkidd22

Hello,

I'm trying to design a circuit to sense an object for a project. I'm using the QRE11113GR reflective sensor to accomplish this. Basically what I want to do is get a < 0.8V output when there is reflection from the object and the output has to be greater than 2V when the object is not reflecting/not in path. The circuit I've attached can do this, but I'm having some issues calculating what my output should be assuming a distance of 1.5mm from the object. I can take the measurements fine with a meter but want to be able to calculate the output values depending on the If, Ic, and value of R19.

For thi particular circuit I'm using a 150Ohm resistor to get a If of about 25mA.
If = (VCC - Vf) / R18
If = (5V-1.2) / 150
If = 25mA

Is there anyway I can calculate the approximate output voltage with the given parameters?
ROS.png

hi,
Looking at the datasheet , it shows only typical values, so your calculations will be typical and not specific.
E

Hi,
Looking at the datasheet plots, attached, it indicates a collector current of 1.27mA with your Vsupply and If.
So if you have a 47K collector resistor, the Vce will be ~0v

To calculate the Vce its 5V - (R19 *0.00127)
So if you choose a lower value for R19, say 2k2 that would be, 5V- ( 2200*0.00127) = 5V - 2.784V = 2.2V

Use an R19 value which will give the widest Vce range
E

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    126.4 KB · Views: 298
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back