Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reed-Solomon Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie84

I have decided to go for Reed-Solomon Codes... I did some research on the topic... but i can't understand how they fit in the parity symbols into a codeword? I know how to obtain the generator polynomial. But how it can be related to parity bits? Thanz

RSC

Reed soloman codes don't exactly work like Block Codes. They are in a different class of codes called Algebraic codes. The great thing about RS codes is they are MDS (maximum distance separable). Which is a great property.

Anyway, it looks as if you posted this a month ago, so if you respond I'll explain a bit more about algebraic codes and how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back