Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reducing output voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

dion

Hi,

I have a vending machine to which I want to attach a water pump. Problem is the older machine only has a 110V output, while the newer water pump requires a 24V output. How do I 'step' this 110 to 24? Are there off the shelf solutions, or will I have to create a solution?

Many thanks,
Dion.

Would that 24v be AC or DC? If AC a transformer should do it :)

Transformers to convert 110 or 220 to 24 VAC are very common. Low-voltage controls for machines (usually 1 HP or greater) use them. So, if you scrounge through surplus/junk yards you are likely to find one. John

How powerful is the motor?

24V is a pretty common voltage you should be able to get hold of one pretty cheaply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back