Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

red led green led

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech5563

trying to make a circuit:

a user will press a single button and a green led will turn on, but randomly instead of the green led turning on a red led(flashing if poss) will turn on and an alarm(buzzer etc) will make a short loud sound whilst the red led will continue flashing until reset by user.

ps nb: although i know a fair bit about electronic components and am ok with a soldering iron, this will be my first build(done many repairs but never a build of my own)

thanks in advance for any and all help

So, you need a random number generator. You can do this with a lot of logic ICs, or you can do it with a single 8 pin PIC uController chip

basically like a russian roulette where maybe one in ten pushes of the button would change the led and BANG your history
i was thinking maybe a 4017 johnson counter might work ??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back