Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

recorded voice player

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisistausif

i need a device which can play prerecorded human voice of 5 to 10 sec for a toy (like COB ic) :?:

**broken link removed**

sound record/playback chips

ISD makes a lot of different size chips and you can get them at www.futerlec.com. Got to warn ya though furturlec is slow.
try the ISD1420

Surely this can be done using a PIC with an A/D input and perhaps some external memory?

diy

Why not, the handle's insulated with a 1/4" of plastic. I'd be more concerned about lead poisioning than electrical shock. There was a story a few years back about an electrician diagnosed with brain damage after 20+ years in the industry. Turns out he always stripped the insulation off wires with his teeth, and chewed on the leftovers. The paint that was used to color insulation of that era was lead-based, not sure if it's changed. Sounds plausible, but may just be another urban legend.

As to the original question, if you like experimenting and learning something new, check out Roman Blacks' neat BTC stuff at

https://www.romanblack.com/picsound.htm

tansis said:
Surely this can be done using a PIC with an A/D input and perhaps some external memory?

PIC's generally don't support external memory - you could do it with a static RAM and manually address it using PIC I/O pins - but it's a complicated and clumsy solution, particularly when you can buy IC's to do the exact job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back