Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommended High Gain Op Amp for PhotoDiode Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake9398

I'm building a robot that will have 8 PhotoDiode-Infrared LED pairs (due to the fact that I ordered photodiodes instead of phototransistors) and I'm having trouble finding a decent OpAmp. I initally used a LM351 with decent results (LED against photodiode resulted in about 2.5V), but I'm looking for an improvement or a updated component. I also tried a LM324 with poor results (Under a volt, same conditions). I am using the following diagram:

**broken link removed**

Any suggestions? I'm not sure where to begin looking for a "updated" model of the LM351.

Would I need an OpAmp with a higher gain?

Last edited:
Try 100k ohms. I think an amplifier with a gain of 1000000000000000000000 will act the same as the LM351.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back