Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommended Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris414

I'm using PWM to control two wheelchair motors (with an H-bridge linking the two). From your experience, what is a good frequency to use? Obviously if it's a ridiculously slow frequency you might feel the effect of stopping and starting all the time, but other than that does it make much difference?

a high one :D I'm afraid i don't understand, to me it would make more sense to use a high frequency. can you post the schematic?

I believe that if it is too low, you will hear the PWM signal at the motor.
For RC applications, I believe that around 2 KHz is commonly used. For a brushed motor, the "punch" the motor delivers can be modified by changing the PWM frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back