Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommendation for Voltage Regulator Part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dssvo

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some recommendations on parts for a robot board I'm designing. I have a 11.1V battery and I need some high quality voltage regulators to provide safe 3.3V and 5V power to micro controllers.

The 3.3V regulator needs to handle up to 1A
The 5V regulator needs to handle up to 1.5A

I've used Recom R-783.3-1.0 switching regulator before, which is excellent, efficient, and easy to use, but rather hard to get a hold of in low quantity, and moderately expensive.

Any suggestions?

Why you are not using an low cost Voltage Regulator with an 2N3055 as output !!

Normally, I would recommend cascading the two linear regulators, but this would mean that the first would be dissipating (12-5)*(1.5+1) = 17.5W, which is a huge heat sink. You need a switcher to get from 12 to 5V. You could use a linear reg to go from 5 to 3.3V>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back