Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend PIC16F887

Status
Not open for further replies.

falleafd

For the beginners, now www.picvietnam.com recommend the PIC16F887. It's cheaper than 16F877A and can be replaced for 16F877A.

The problem at this time is the Olimex basic programmers which used with IC-Prog or WinPIC800 do not support 16F887.

We now have better solution for Olimex programmers is the PICPgm software. It supports 16F887 and can be used with PG2C.

The PG2C is sold in Vietnam at very low prices (4$ without shipping fee). Therefore, we choose PG2C to supports beginners.

You guys can download from here:
**broken link removed**

http://www.picvietnam.com/forum//showthread.php?t=4
(This link is for Vietnamese users)

Goodluck.

The icd2 and its clones (including mine) have supported the 16f887 before it was commonly available. Using the excellent and free MPLAB IDE from Microchip.

Ps really nice chip, I've played with the smaller 16f886 as the 16f887 has only recently become available.

Last edited:
Yeah, the problem we are talking about is the very cheap solution for beginners. The reference prices for PG2C (in Vietnam we say PIC1) is 4$, and many beginners get this for starting with PIC.

In this forum, there are many students and pupils, and they comes from many different countries. That's why I recommend very cheap and basic solution.

Goodluck.

As my thinking, programmer is always said as the hardware + the software. If you have hardware, and do not have software, you cannot program or reprogram for the chip.

However, it also have to be thought that the hardware and the software can be developed by different brands. The essentials of PG2C is the JDM principle, therefore, you can choose any software which supports JDM hardware.

The PICPgm or WinPICPgm (for windows) are the software, and it support the JDM hardware.

So, we usually say in Vietnam that programmer (mạch nạp) is the hardware and the software is the suitable software (phần mềm nạp). Choose the principles first, then choose the hardware based on that principle, then choose the software which supports your hardware's principle.

If you cannot understand Vietnamese, just click on all of links on this page:
http://www.picvietnam.com/forum//showthread.php?t=4 to open as many windows as you can. Close all the Vietnamese windows. Then you check the others. You can find many interesting sites that we recommended.

Goodluck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back