Recomended book for the Electronics "newb"

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

Well, I was out strolling the local bookstore when I can upon this book. The book is in the "For Dummies" series of Wiley publishing. The book is called "Electronics for dummies by Gordon McComb", what tempted me to buy the book was it's low price($14), and also the view of the books contents.

I started reading the book and couldn't put it down. The ideas and circuits in there is excellent. The book explains everything you need to get started in electronics. It even covers Safety, soldering, electronics parts/bins, making your own workshop/workbench for electronics, and tools such as oscilloscopes and logic probes. Even goes into programming the BASIC stamp microcontroller.

*Covers basic soldering
*Reading schematics
*Operation of electronic components in circuit
*Has chapters on projects to build
*BASIC Stamp Microcontroller coverage
*List of electronics suppliers
*How to set up your "electronics lab"
*Teaches fundementals on tools such as multimeters, Oscilloscopes, and logic probes

Explains basic operation and concepts of principles. The only down side I have found to this book is that it doesn't go into detail about physics of electronics, or theory to an extent.

If your the person that is struggling or is interested in jumping into the field and science of electronics. Then I recomend you read this book.

This book may give you a leg up onto understanding some of the posts in this forum also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…