Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recomend a inexpensive AC/DC current clamp meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lortech

Perhaps some one reading this lives in BC canada.

Anyway, need a current clamp meter that can measure down to two amps and up to 100 amps for automotive needs. If it does more then that "house current" then that is a bonus. It will either plug into my fluke or mac tools meters.

Thanks

There is no inexpensive AC/DC current clamp .
The DC Amperes are the catch point.
There is some small ones about 150$ , but they have fixed opening like 1Cm , for automotive I think they will do the trick.

In a quick search found this one ..
A bit better than what I had suggest above.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
You don't really define "inexpensive" but as to a clamp on (AC & DC) in a 1 Amp to 400 Amp family the **broken link removed** used with a meter you already have and it is comparable with most Fluke DMMs. They run about $159 USD. Extech has a clamp on including display for about $99 USD in their part #38389. Amprobe also has a good line of clamp on metering devices.

Ron

The i410 has poor accuracy compared with the i1000 ..

This one has the accuracy of i1000 , and measures from 100mA to 600A ( tested by me )
**broken link removed**

mouser has one

I can think of these companies

mouser
jamco
digikey

Under a 100 bucks would be great. I would like to use a full clamp/DMM meter but it is way to large to use in the tangles of wire under a dash, behind a fuese box or in the engine compartment.

Under a 100 bucks would be great. I would like to use a full clamp/DMM meter but it is way to large to use in the tangles of wire under a dash, behind a fuese box or in the engine compartment.

From time to time there is some small ones on ebay , pen type with fixed opening like a fork.
But I did no see one , so to point an link ..
Good luck on your search.

Hi,

Check out MCM, they typically have this for around 50 bucks USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back