Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rechargable power failure alarm system

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwame

I want to build a rechargable power failure alarm system to sound during power failure.I have heard that lithium batteries can be used.Any suggestions?

Lithium batteries could possibly be used but they tend to be expensive and it depends upon your requirements. How much power (voltage and current) do you need to supply during the failure?

Hi during power i want it to supply 12 vDC.

At how much current?

Circuits like this are fairly common in alarm and security systems. When mains is available they supply 12 or 24 VDC at some current. They also maintain a 12 volt SLA battery. When mains fails they automatically transfer to the battery. You need to know what the current needs to be?

Ron

How does the circuit look like should if i use 'SLA'? What other hardwares are required for it to work?

There are plenty of companies that make products such as these: AlarmSaf - Off the Shelf and Custom Engineered Power Solutions for EveryApplication

I used one of their high end systems for multiple buzzers and stobes for an toxic gas alarm system. I needed lots of class 2 outputs. Here is another such company. Altronix: a leading manufacturer of electronics and high technology components

The interfaces for power fail etc can be already present.

Door lock control, fire and intrusion, access and video cameras are common uses.

How does the circuit look like should if i use 'SLA'? What other hardwares are required for it to work?

You have not specified your current requirements? All units like this are built around the voltage and current they need to deliver. This link is a good read on the subject.

Per what KISS posted there are dozens of manufacturers making them, I have a few of the names Kiss mentions lying here in 1, 2, and 3 amp versions. Small boards that use 12 volt SLA batteries in 4 AH and 7 AH versions. Read the link I posted. It should answer all your questions and provides links to schematics that show how these things work.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back