Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receiver,transitter, rfid module conection to uc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a project on RFID based shopping cart...but now am having a few problems. I am having trouble connecting RFID module to the microcontroller(AT89S52) am using.
The RFID module i purchased consists of EM-18 reader module and it has been connected to max232 and then to RS-232...so the module has rs232 output..now can i connect directly from rs232 to tx pin of microcontroller? or is there another way?
the following site says use max 232 and then to uc. but i have rs232 output..so how to?

**broken link removed**
i have attached the picture of my rfid module

Also, I have a transmitter for which am using MO-SAWR-ASK transmitter. That is to be connected to my microntroller (AT89S51). Is it ok to connect its data pin directly to the Tx pin of uc?

And the receiver OX-RX02-ASK recieves the data and this is to be connected to a second microntroller. Can i directly connect its data pin to Rx pin?

I also have to recieve the same to a PC or laptop. Now a days laptops dont have RS232 port, so how to receive the same in pc? can i use a 3rd uc, so that receiver is connected to uc, then to max232 then rs232, but then how to connect from rs232 to pc/laptop?

Attachments

• 20130222_172135.jpg
    20130222_172135.jpg
    992.8 KB · Views: 261
You can buy (quite cheaply) USB/RS232 converters - simply use one of those between PC and your RS232.

Directly connecting the modules to the uC pins depends both on the voltages and polarities involved - if you check my PIC tutorials there's an example in the RF tutorial.

You don't hook the RFID reader to the TX (transmit) pin, you hook it to the RX (receive) pin. Also, if it is truly RS232, then you need a MAX 232 to convert it back to logic levels before going into the RX pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back