Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receiver output form? (LVDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean_f

Did i understand correct? The receiver in LVDS transforms low voltage differential signal (logic "1" +0.6V, logic "0" -0.6V) in to standart signal (logic "1" +3V, logic "0" 0V)?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Likely it does, but you need to post the particular receiver part number you are referring to for an exact answer.

Thanks for the answer! My question was teoretical, to understand what is the output of the receiver or how i can obtain standard signal, which i can use like input to MOSFET and after this for PWM of a motor. The minimum input voltage of the MOSFETs is 2.4V.
i didnt look for exact receiver but for instance the receivers of Texas Instrumens sn65lvds050 (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/01/sn65lvds050.pdf ) have:
Low-level output voltage max 0.4V
High-level output voltage 2.4-2.8V
and similar receiver maybe can be used like a bridge between LVDS link and MOSFET.

LVDS basically is used in transmitting data over a long distance. its one way to avoid distortion over the data lines. this is actually depends on you're receiver. if its capable to driver you're FET, then its fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back