Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

receive signal from transmitter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerowing

Hi guys ,
I need your help on this...... i'm trying to build a coin sorter, and i use IR sensor to sense my coins. So, to count the coins, i need a program to do it. I'm thinking of using MSComm control to program it, but i'm new to it.
Will my PC receive data if I connect it to the receive sensor ? Also, what programming codes to receive data from my receive sensor?
(I'm using VB)

Thanks !!!

NO you cannot directly connect your sensor to serial port. You need some device which will convert your sensor data into UART bit-stream. A small microcontroller would be best solution.

Depends, if you're using the IR sensor as a switch only (0 = no coin, 1 = a coin) then you can connect the sensor's output to a handshaking line (CTS for example) and poll the line's state with the MSCOMM command CTSHolding...

(more info about MSCOMM on MSDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back