Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Really Simple PIC Based IR (InfraRed) Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanbayley

Hi Guys,

I have a helmet cam and a SanDisk V-Mate video recorder and I want to make a small circuit to start and stop recording with the push of a button...

I intend to fix an LDR right in front of the record LED and connect that to a basic circuit that lights an LED on the button so i know when its recording...

To start with I have:

I have a Pickit2 and a Low Pin Count Demo Board, I haven't done much with PIC's and what i did do was in C, from what I've read the timing has to be very accurate in order for it to work, does this mean i have to write it in assembly?

Basically on press 1 I want it to send the standby command wait for 2 secs then send the record command, the next time its pressed i want it to send the stop command wait 2 secs then send the standby command... how easy does this sound and what extra stuff do i need?

Thanks!

D.

You Can use C and its not difficult

It is not essential to write the code in assembly you can write efficiant code in C as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back