Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Really Easy Karaoke Vocal Remover(no parts?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this project is just way too simple that i feel like i shouldn't be posting it here at all.
Those "karaoke vocal remover" plugins and programs often work by subtracting the two channels.

You can easily do that by just referencing the ground of an external ipod speaker to the left channel and connecting both the speakers channels to the right.
better explanation for the new people: **broken link removed**
Why is this not a popular project by now?

Edit: this leaves in the harmony parts in many song s so you can use it to learn harmony :)

Last edited:
Because vocal removers don't work in many cases; they either fail to remove vocals or remove needed instruments in the process, I've used them before and the results are anything but useful in most cases. Given the ease of acquiring REAL Karaoke versions of music there simply isn't a demand for that kind of thing. They also have problems with MP3 encoded audio, although the differences in perceived audio on an MP3 vs normal audio aren't easily perceived by a person they are easily perceived by such mixing methods by the wave forms not being perfectly identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back