Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Real new guy here! Need some help with simple LED circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your circuit was a good try.
Make it like this but maybe the 10uF capacitor can be removed if you play loudly:

Attachments

• LED flashes with music.PNG
    LED flashes with music.PNG
    11 KB · Views: 171
Wow, that's a lot less complex than what i posted. awesome. thanks AG!

Actually, quick question...
Pin 7 - would the resistor for the LED lead to the input to the amp, or could this be a standalone contraption? I'm assuming the first, but I have been a little off with my instinct lately...

Wow, that's a lot less complex than what i posted.
I didn't show the Jfet preamp that is correct and feeds this LM386 amplifier and feeds the cable to your power amplifier.

Pin 7 - would the resistor for the LED lead to the input to the amp, or could this be a standalone contraption?
What are you talking about? Pin 7 uses a filter capacitor to ground when the power supply has hum.
The resistor in series with the LED limits the max current of the LED so it doesn't blow up. The LED and its resistor are at the output of the LM386 power amp and have nothing to do with the input of the amp. The triangles are the ground of the LED driver amplifier circuit that are connected together, to the ground of the Jfet preamp, to the ground of the cable to your power amplifier and to the negative terminal of the battery.

The output of the Jfet preamp circuit feeds the cable to your power amplifier and feeds the input of this LED driver amplifier.

The output of the Jfet preamp circuit feeds the cable to your power amplifier and feeds the input of this LED driver amplifier.

So it would be a split signal?
And that actually brings me to another question...
The video that was poseted, it seems as if his device is built into his guitar. if i were to take what you said, then it seems things would go like the attatchment...

If so, one would need two +V sources?

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 142
So it would be a split signal?
What is a "split signal"? The output of the preamp simply feeds both items.

The video that was posted, it seems as if his device is built into his guitar. if i were to take what you said, then it seems things would go like the attatchment...

If so, one would need two +V sources?
One 9V battery can power hundreds of things. But if it powers both the preamp and the LED driver then the high current of the LED driver might cause the battery to go dead soon then the preamp won't work any more. Maybe having a separate battery for the preamp is best so that when the battery for the LEDs goes dead then the guitar still plays with its own battery for the preamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back