Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read/Write Data EEPROM in 18F4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStu

hi all

im using MC18, read through the compiler library but i dun see any specific functions for reading/writing into the data EEPROM.

hoping to get some guide to the easiest way for writing into the ROM? ..cant seem to find ath bout this online..thx

im using MC18, read through the compiler library but i dun see any specific functions for reading/writing into the data EEPROM.

hoping to get some guide to the easiest way for writing into the ROM? ..cant seem to find ath bout this online..thx
Study the chapter called "Data EEPROM Memory" in your datasheet. Tells you all about it, and the sequence of commands necessary to read and write the EEPROM. It describes the registers involved and even has some simple asm code to demo how to do it.

Don't panic cuz it's assembly language! You should really know a little asm at this point anyway. Read the code and see what registers they're using and what they're writing to them.

yea...i do konw da basics of assembly...it's juz dat i tot theres some function in MC18 that simplifies this (that i duno of)

thx futz...i guses ill try it out in asm....ill get back here if i encounter any probs...thx a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back