Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re-use HP tx2500 touchscreen on desktop monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drycola

Hi,

I have (probably had :() a TX2500 Tablet, which had the classic GPU overheating defect and is not working anymore.
I tried the re-soldering method mentioned on youtube several times with no luck..
Replacing the motherboard will cost me more than the cost of a new laptop :eek:

In fact, the only thing I needed in that tablet was the touchscreen, since it is the only tablet that is available in my territory and no independent touchscreens are sold here, so:
All I want to do is to take out the touchscreen and use it on a Desktop Monitor (or LCD).
How can I do that?
I heard that the Touchscreen is USB type and I guess it will be easier to just take it off and connect it to my Desktop PC USB, but I don't know how to do that..

So, PLEASE: How can I re-use my TX2500 Touchscreen on a Desktop Monitor??

Thanks

PS: Here is a picture of the 4 connections which (I guess) are the USB connections, am I right??? :confused:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back