Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RE: Splitting Composite Video Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Again,

So correct me if I'm wrong, I would need to remove the termination resistor the input of one of the Video devices (either the PC capture card or the Denon 1910).

As I wouldn't want to touch the Denon 1910, that leaves the capture card. I'm guessing find a 75 ohm resistor that is located as close to the composite input as possible (if it uses the 3 number smd code, it should be labeled as 750 correct?) and this should be the one, correct?

Unless I'm mistaken daisy-chaining the connections like this relies on the capture card in this instance having a high impedance input after the 75 ohm resistor correct?

I've yet to get the capture card, but will soon. If there is a problem locating the right resistor I might need some help...

If this is correct, sorry I didn't get it sooner, I didn't pick up on the implication of modifying one of the inputs...

Owen.

You have it all correct.

Crutschow,

I thought I would update you on how things went.

I got a PC capture card, and removed the SMD 75 ohm resistor (it was one of thoes mini smd types, a few millimeters only), and, after plugging a ground loop isolator into the sound inputs, its all amazing!!!!

Works a treat. Thank You so much.

Correct me if I'm worng, you could use this daisy chain set up on a large number of inputs as long as the only terminated input, it the last one in the chain.

You've been a great help,

Owen.

Last edited:
I got a PC capture card, and removed the SMD 75 ohm resistor (it was one of those mini smd types, a few millimeters only), and, after plugging a ground loop isolator into the sound inputs, its all amazing!!!!

Works a treat. Thank You so much.

Correct me if I'm wrong, you could use this daisy chain set up on a large number of inputs as long as the only terminated input, it the last one in the chain.
Glad it all worked out for you. It's always nice when advice actually leads to satisfactory results.

You have it correct about the daisy chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back