Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rca vr639hf

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtweeter

i am trying to find out if this is worth fixing. it's an rca vcr model vr-639hf. when hooked up through coax, using the tuner, i have no sound and playing prerecorded tape has sound but video is in black and white. when hooked up to line out, i have sound coming from tuner, playback is still in black and white. i'm sure i could get a good vcr off e-bay for pretty cheap, but the satisfaction of fixing mine is better. i've been in the business professionally for many years, but don't have enough experience with vcrs to do much, especially without a schematic. any help woulp be great.
thanx, eric.

emtweeter said:
i am trying to find out if this is worth fixing. it's an rca vcr model vr-639hf. when hooked up through coax, using the tuner, i have no sound and playing prerecorded tape has sound but video is in black and white. when hooked up to line out, i have sound coming from tuner, playback is still in black and white. i'm sure i could get a good vcr off e-bay for pretty cheap, but the satisfaction of fixing mine is better. i've been in the business professionally for many years, but don't have enough experience with vcrs to do much, especially without a schematic. any help woulp be great.
thanx, eric.

You don't have your location filled in, so we've no idea where in the world you might be?.

The problems you mention sound very much like the VCR is not using the same standard as your TV - which is why your location is very important!.

Has the VCR worked previously on this same TV, or have you just obtained the VCR and it doesn't work?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back