Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCA TV powers on then off

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfxcasey

Hey all,

First I'd just like to say thanks to all the great folks that contribute to this great forum. That said...

RCA TV, I bought it about 2 years ago but have hardly used it. It was actually being used as a monitor for my homemade arcade machine but I decided it was too nice of a tv and moved it to the bedroom. Well worked great for a couple of days then shut off one day on it's own. I am assuming the overcurrent protection is kickin in. Now if you power it on the screen is red with diagonal lines across it, about 6 or 7 evenly spaced. Then the TV powers off again after 3 seconds. I was thinking about holding it upside down and shaking it as maybe some loose solder blob got suck between 2 leads or something. But if anyone cares to help me troubleshoot this I would love ya for life. It's practically a new TV. Thanks.:)

If this problem started after you moved the set to the bedroom, you may have disturbed the circuit board, by flexing the chassis, causing a bad connection at a solder pad or connecting cable. Sounds like you have retrace lines on the screen when it's powered up. Try checking all solder traces for signs of poor connections and resolder as needed. Pay close attention to power dissipating components and their solder connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back