Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCA L32WD12 TV digital board replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redraider

HI,

I have an RCA L32WD12 TV that was fine last night, but this morning no picture(not even the volume bar or input mode), the audio is there but nothing video. I called RCA help and the guy said it was the digital board and it would have tobe replaced, call a local shop to get a price quote. My question to you all is that board replacement hard to do? I was a sonar tech in the Navy(albeit 40 yrs. ago), but I do have a dgree in EET. Can I find a schematic? Is the board replacement obvious once inside?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Board replacement is a simple screwdriver job - BUT - you usually have to then update the software on it, boards are commonly for anumbe rof models, and need the correct version installing. There are various ways dependoing on the set, and you would need access to a manual and technical bulletins.

Replacing boards is also usually VERY, VERY expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back