Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCA Female Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixfyre

I'm trying to build a simple switch box for my various video game systems, all of which use RCA cables, so that I can just spin a few dials rather than unplugging and replugging a bunch of wires. I've got the design figured out, but the problem I'm encountering is that I don't know where to find RCA female (or male, for that matter) ports to use for the box. Where might I find them?

There are male RCA plugs on the ends of cables and there are female RCA jacks (not ports) on products.
Most electronic parts distributors have them. You probably want RCA jacks that fit in a hole then a nut screws onto its rear to hold it.

Attachments

• RCA jack.jpg
    RCA jack.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 192
If you don't really feel like having to buy a bunch of RCA jacks and plugs, I personally, being somewhat of a $crooge (sorry AG :D ), would simply harvest a bunch out of old TVs, VCRs, or DVD players. I've gotten various jacks/plugs (coax, USB, etc.) from scrap electronics I've gathered over the years, and the old circuit boards have never ceased to be beneficial ;)
Der Strom

If you don't really feel like having to buy a bunch of RCA jacks and plugs, I personally, being somewhat of a $crooge (sorry AG :D ), would simply harvest a bunch out of old TVs, VCRs, or DVD players. I've gotten various jacks/plugs (coax, USB, etc.) from scrap electronics I've gathered over the years, and the old circuit boards have never ceased to be beneficial ;)
Der Strom

Yeah, I've got a drawer full of them, cable boxes, stereos are also good sources. They are pretty cheap to buy as well, but I tore apart so many things, and just saved them knowing they'd come in handy someday.

I use threaded RCA jacks with a nut that holds them in a hole. I have never seen a product that uses them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back