Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC Time Delay Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suraj143

I need a circuit, when it get triggers it will turn the output after a delay.Delay determine by the values of R & C.

Is this circuit works?

Attachments

• RC.PNG
    RC.PNG
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,343
Last edited:
Does the trigger stay high longer than the desired delay, or is it a momentary pulse?

Trigger comes from the door contact unit (dry output)

When the door open after the delay it will sound the buzzer.

But if the door open & close suddenly it won't sound the buzzer.

Last edited:
Trigger comes from the door contact unit (dry output)

When the door open after the delay it will sound the buzzer.

But if the door open & close suddenly it won't sound the buzzer.

Is the door contact normally-closed (contact opens when door is opened)?

I need a circuit, when it get triggers it will turn the output after a delay.Delay determine by the values of R & C.

Is this circuit works?

Here's a litlle circuit that might do the job.

It uses just about any comparator (LM324, 339, etc.) and any SPST switch that operates with the opening and closing of your door.

When the door is closed, the closed switch allows the capacitor in the positive input of the comparator to charge and hold. When the door is opened, voltage is cut off from the cap, and it begins to discharge. When the + input voltage falls below that of the - input, the comparator turns on and activates the buzzer.

The R*C combination can be adjusted to allow a desired delay time.

If the door is closed before the comparator is activated, voltage is reapplied to the cap and nothing happens.

The attached schematic is a bare bones idea to go by, if you are interested.

Attachments

• compar with delay.GIF
    compar with delay.GIF
    5.3 KB · Views: 1,350
motor power on/off

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a circuit diagram for my requirement? My requirement is I need to switch ON a motor (6V -DC) for 2 - 3 seconds every 14 days. The rest of the time the motor is OFF.

I would highly appreciate if I can get this

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a circuit diagram for my requirement? My requirement is I need to switch ON a motor (6V -DC) for 2 - 3 seconds every 14 days. The rest of the time the motor is OFF.

I would highly appreciate if I can get this

You need to apply a trigger signal to a monostable circuit on every 2 weeks.2 weeks period is pretty higher.Easiest way is to use a RTC with a micro controller with lots of battery backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back