Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rc oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

chongky

I am doing a FYP on RC oscillator now. As i know Rc oscillators have many types. Can recommend me which oscillator shud i choose to present? By the way, any info about that? Thanks!

That depends on what you want to do.

Don't be so vague, give more information like frequency, waveform, supply voltage.

Try Googleinf for things like NE555, phase shift oscillator, wein bridge, ladder oscillator.

The simplest form of RC oscillator I know of is a basic NE555 in astable mode.

Sceadwian said:
The simplest form of RC oscillator I know of is a basic NE555 in astable mode.

Sounds rather complicated?, using a chip containing 23 transistors, plus many other parts doesn't sound 'simple'.

If you want simple?, how about a 'neon relaxation oscillator', only three components:

1 x resistor
1 x capacitor
1 x neon

Now that's simple!.

Want simple?

Try a reverse bias oscillator, simple and no nasty dangerous voltages either.

reverse.jpg

For an FYP a 555 based RC oscillator is a good solid project, and there are boatloads of information out there on the net on how the 555 works in astable mode. Considering how 'clasic' the 555 circuit is it's always a good topic for an electronics paper.

thanks every1 ! I have chosen to play on wein bridge , Rc phaseshift and twin-t oscillator. COz my supervisor ask me to do so. Any suggestion? For the wein bridge i am using op-amp 741 , for Rc phaseshft and twin-t any suggestion? By the way, any circuit for me to do reference?

I have an excellent document about RC oscillators from Texas Instruments:

Attachments

• sine-wave oscillators TI.pdf
    253.8 KB · Views: 199
perhaps Chongky is right to follow his supervisor-- else few supervisors , with due regard to them ( as some i came across ) did not permit independent and forward thoughts of students, presumablydue to their own paucity of Info-- pardon me-- system should slowly change .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back