Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG1337

Hi!
I bought a Walkera MH 36B RC Helicopter, but there is a problem with it.
When it gains enough speed to take off it starts to spin around, like in the movies when a bullet hits the rear motor.
Why it does that?

Is it one with counter rotating blades? There should be a knob on your remote to adjust the "TRIM" ( the speed that each set of blades is turning at) Adjusting trim is what stops it from circling like that.

How much did you pay for it?

Most off those cheap plastic Chinese things in the toy shops and internet are only good for taking peoples eyes out :D

How much did you pay for it?

Most off those cheap plastic Chinese things in the toy shops and internet are only good for taking peoples eyes out :D

Walkera helis are generally very very good the early days gave em a bad name but if in doubt check out the 4g6 on youtube - full six channel with servo controlled tail capable of full 3d that fits on your hand... I have a 4#3b and it is one hell of a tough and very capable heli. There really is nothing to match these for size and performance available anywhere.

@OP get over to RC groups they will know your model and be able to help you out further, chances are it will be your fault (no offence intended but all beginners have problems and blame the equipment) but they will get you going again. Spares are cheap from a guy called Jade type 'Chinese jade walkera' into google.

Last edited:
I have two el-cheapo helicopters that are made in China. They are IR controlled and are tiny. I fly them in my family room every day.
My first one was given to me by Energizer Battery Company. My second one was a Christmas gift from my kids.

Attachments

• Havoc heli..JPG
    Havoc heli..JPG
    6.9 KB · Views: 215
  • remote helicopte&#.jpg
    remote helicopte&#.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 220
I have two el-cheapo helicopters that are made in China. They are IR controlled and are tiny. I fly them in my family room every day.
My first one was given to me by Energizer Battery Company. My second one was a Christmas gift from my kids.

Yes I have the the orange tandemz and an original picoz they are fun but once I flew the 4#3b I realised what a proper r/c heli was :) They are so small you can even fly them in the tightest spaces but I do have a few holes punched in the livingroom blind :)

But seriously I highly recommend these smaller helis but only after you have some sim time or at very least co-axial experience as they are quite hard to fly i.e. small = unstable.

I looked at OP's model and if this is his first heli he has made a mistake IMO should have gone for a four channel as six is much harder to setup and learn on.

Walkera helicopters are generally pretty low in the r/c heli world. Have you setup the gyro on yours? Should be a gyro gain setting or a reverse setting. If you lift off and your tail starts spinning, then usually the gyro is not holding the tail or the tail motor is out.

If you want something that will fly good and do tricks then I would suggest buying something else. If you want something to just fly around the house trouble free then I would buy a blade msr.

If you really want to start getting into r/c helis then start looking at align, mikado, outrage, gaui, etc.. for a good 450 size heli and a decent radio.

You really "realize what a proper r/c heli is" when you get into one of these in the pics I attached. The one in the back is a 600 nitro. One that I was mentioning is in the other pic, an align 450 pro. With good electronics, a good radio, and a quality heli everything really comes together.

Attachments

• 450 Pro 005..jpg
    450 Pro 005..jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 251
  • DSCN0976..jpg
    DSCN0976..jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 231
Yes but the helis you describe are in a different league really! I would recommend something like a honeybee over the above walkera for a beginner though.

Also from what I have seen of the blade msr it just seems a little too stable and boring but I might be wrong there. My 4#3b has provided hours of fun and flies indoors anywhere I want and outdoors is a superb performer the only weak point is the brushed motors but that has been rectified in subsequent models with brushless.

An know one has produced anything to rival the 4g3 / 4g6 yet afaik..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back