Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC Helicopter Power Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanepoel

Hey

I started in electric RC helicopter flying recently, from prevouis posts it seems that there are a number of RC flying enthusiasts on this forum.
I have a Honey Bee Cool heli that I am rebuilding and fitted it with a Speed480 motor. The thing is I am not sure what kind of battery to use ?

I have looked at a c15, 1000mAh, Li-Polymer battery. Should this supply enough current to get me liffted.
The Honey Bee Cool is the same size as the Walkera Dragonfly#35 and ZOOM400 models.

Thanks

15C x 1000mAh continuous from the battery. If that is the max current your motor needs to fly the helicopter it will fly (maybe not for long, but it will fly).

MIght as well stick it in and find out. If it doesnt make it off the ground then no harm done since the chopper won't crash.

I got a Blade CP little over a year ago as a gift. Never got the knack for flying yet, so pretty much have kept it stock. Mostly rotor blade damage, third pair...

I have just enough experience to say that, yes, you can do damage without leaving the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back