Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rc controlled switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZzA386

im a first year electronics student so i do know a bit.... im trying to make a radio controlled switch both the reciever and transmitter i want to use it to launch model rockets from a distance ive looked online and on the other threads and cant find any thing usefull...

should hav a range of about 300 meters
reciever should be somewat compact
freq should be secure perhaps with dil switch or shometing to insure no interferance
please avoid the need to programme anything if possiable i.e no pic........

thanks in advance for your help.. any questions just ask

Last edited:
I'm doing a project that employs a 433MHz ABACOM ARX-ULC receiver and matching AM-TXHP transmitter. They have the range you need, and are not too expensive.

Radio controlled rocketry, or any sort of explosive is always a productive topic on these forums. Your middle eastern sounding user's name, really adds some appeal to this sort of project as well. I've seen projects on the web, but don't recall the range, was only curious, but not interested enough to build. It's tough to get this sort of help in the forums, as it's open for all to see, thanks to Google, and other search engines. You might get your rocket launcher built, and safely working (if you survive), but all the kiddies, and anti-socials looking for a similar detonator, really don't need an easy place to get the build details.

Anyhow, unless pulled from the web for security reasons, there were several last year, one using a cellphone...

You may want to go to a local hobby shop and see what they have for RC airplanes. You might be able to find a ready made radio controlled switch. If not, it shouldn't be too hard to make a circuit that will interface with the receiver. Or you could just use a RC airplane servo to connect a mechanical switch.

We built a water rocket last summer. Fill a 2 litre pop bottle half full of water and half full of compressed air. Add fins, nose cone and a launchpad. Simple homebuilt rocket in an afternoon. And nobody died. Saw some videos on the internet of 2 and 3 stage water rockets. One guy going for a height record used carbon fibre to reinforce the pop bottle. What kind of model rockets are you using?

I have also been looking, and my radio freq does not need to be secure. I am trying to build a switcher between radio and music for my motorcycle. The switch is to activated a tone generator on the other motorcycle that will play with their music so they know to switch to the radio to talk. Similar system are hideously expensive online and I am a 3rd year electrical engineering student. I have the whole system planned out I just am stuck with a way for one bike to make the other bikes tone turn on.

A radio switch would work perfect. Going to take a look at MikeMl's sugesstion but if anyone has any others...

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back