Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC car mosfet speed control

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikesmixes

Hi, I am building up a model rc car and need an electronic speed control for it. Does anyone know of a design or where I can find one using mosfets for controlling the speed?

I am building the Nissan 350Z car. :shock:

Thanks.

mikesmixes said:
Hi, I am building up a model rc car and need an electronic speed control for it. Does anyone know of a design or where I can find one using mosfets for controlling the speed?

I am building the Nissan 350Z car. :shock:

Thanks.

Commercial ones are very small, and available at reasonable cost (probably cheaper than you could buy the parts for). They commonly use a number of MOSFET's in parallel to handle the high currents involved, 90-100A being quite normal. Paralleling more MOSFET's also reduces the total resistance, so provides more voltage to the motor as well - generally the more expensive controllers simply parallel more MOSFET's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back