Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC car fuel sensor (fm or am transmitter/reciever

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitrofan

i am trying to build a transmitter that connects to a sensor so when the sensor switches on it sends a signal to a reciever that turns on a small led. i would also like to be able to have lots of them in the same area and not accept each others signals. i have the sensor. anyone have any ideas???

one simple solution..i assume that the sensor on off period is not tooo.. short..

ok..modulate an FM Tx (or AM to make it simpler) with a tone , where the tone is generated according to the on/off of the sensor. .. now in the Rx use a PLL to lock on to that tone to decode the o/p..so one Tx-Rx forms a pair .
The pll needs some time to lock on that's why i mentioned 'period is not tooo.. short.. '

Now how much is the 'many' ?

Hope that helps .

To have a sensor that won't get ruined when the fuel touches it, won't expose the nitromethane enriched alcohol to electricity, and won't be fooled by sloshing fuel will be tricky.

as far as the many. i would like to have it using tx ard rx crystals. like a rc car has already.

does anyone have any designs???

as for the sensor i have a company in germany that can supply me with the sensor

I would be more concerned about the device which measures how much fuel is left in the tank. The best way I think is to use a liquid meter, or something that connects in series with the fuel line, after a preset amount of revolutions from the sensor impellor you'll know your running low.

Is this for competion racing?? The added weight would probably not be worth it.

it is for comperitive racing. and i have a sensor that months inside the fuel tank

it doesnt have to be 100% acurate just enuf to know when it is time to pit.
i dont know if adding extra reisitance to the fuel would cause a problem with the fuel delivery.

does anyone have any designs that wold help me understand this better

my dad's company has some tdma tecnology https://www.thisisant.com but he needs me to design it and whatnot before i can go thru with it and i dont know a whole lot about wireless

because only so many people can be racing at one time due to conflicts with the rx i want to be able to have the tx/rx for the car running with the same crystal (or another one of the same kind) so that people that already have the crystals dont need to go out and buy something new

any help would be greatly apreciated

it doesnt have to be 100% acurate just enuf to know when it is time to pit. .

because only so many people can be racing at one time due to conflicts with the rx i want to be able to have the tx/rx

after reading ur quote i feel that the reqirement id many tx and one rx , in the same transmitting freq , right??
if i'm right..
ok my idea ..(i donno how much it will work in this case).
diffrent freqs modulate a tx for each racer. when it receives in the rx u will get a mixed signal containing all the freq. u need to switch (a polling configuration) a pll in the rx , to see which freq are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back