Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rapid Electronics end-column pricing day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks very much geko!
They usually send me an email whenever they have this offer, but on this occasion they didn't.

Arse - I didn't get the email :(

I'm not going to be available to receive the order tomorrow either so have missed out on it this time. I had a big old order to put through but RS were marginally cheaper so was going to order next week.

They seem to have kept it a bit secret. I heard about it a couple of days ago through the affiliate scheme but there was nothing on the website until today.

In fact the promotion was shown as starting at midnight but the pricing didn't change until around 9am this morning when the home page was updated.

Last edited:
I've just found out, by luck I logged onto the site.

I'm probably going to spend a lot of money now. :D

There's not much time left.

Rapid's catalogue lists the price per unit in columns: 1, 5+, 25+, 100+ etc. with the larger quantities being cheaper.

The end of column sale means that you can pay the price per unit for the maximum quantity and only buy one if you want.

Sometimes the savings exceed 20%.

Rapid are quite cheap anyway but this makes them even cheaper.

Sometimes the savings exceed 20%.

Actually that understates it somewhat I think :)

Some of the savings are getting on for over 60%, for example BC548B, one off price £0.06, end-column price £0.02, 100pack of 1/4W CF resistors £0.50 down to £0.25 and one of their own brand multimeters £20 down to about £12.

Sadly that kind of saving didn't extend to the Fluke 170 series multimeters:(

Last edited:
I just wanted to look around but the site was so busy I was just getting time outs on their pages. Gave up.

Well I've spoken to Rapid and asked why I didn't get any notification of this offer. I had around £300 to spend with them to restock on parts from last years sales.

I was told I was sent an email with the offer on which I was certain I hadn't received. Having trawled through 20mb of email logs (the joys of running your own servers !!!) I can 100% confirm that I have not received any email from them or their mailing company. In fact I didn't receive any emails from anyone with "rapid" in the email address.

This would have saved me around 30% of my order so I'm digging my heels in now and refusing to order until they have either another end of column day or get this sorted :(

RS and Farnell both can supply me with what I'm after until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back