Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Range sensor (Urgent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

almula

hi everyone.
we asked to design a distance sensor with TSOP 1138. i've attached the datasheet here. the problem is that we have to sent square waves and then steady wave and so on. to create square waves i think we'll use square wave generator, but how to design this to make the square waves follow by steady wave?

can you help me to design this project?

here is a little description of project.

You may use resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, LEDs, IR-LEDs and op-amps. You can use maximum 3 DC supplies.

Your circuit is required to measure the distances of objects in the range 0-60 cm. For display purposes, you may utilize LEDs. At least four TSOP1138 IR sensors are required. In the range 20-60 cm receivers must be active and number should decrease as the object comes closer to the receiver in the range 0-20 cm. For
objects further than 60 cm, which is the maximum detectable range of the system, all LEDs should be off. The object, whose range will should be of size 10cmx5cm (width x
height), whereas depth is not important.

Attachments

• 513-09983-0-TSOP11.pdf
    231.4 KB · Views: 445
Are 555 timers in play by chance? You didn't same if transistors were in play or not, but I don't see an easy way to do it without them.

The big problem here is that you are going to activate the AGC on the TSOP if you aren't careful and it will start ignoring everything for a time. I don't understand the idea of using 4 TSOPs if they all are working at the same bandpass.

if we'll use less TSOPs we will lose points. Using 8 TSOP s will give us bonus points.
I'm the second year student, and we just began to study the fundamentals of electrical and electronic engineering, so I'm not good enough to design it myself

I think the steady wave may be the time between the 38khz square wave that the sensor needs to keep the noise rejection happy. Maybe the multiple use is just to triangulate the distance??

cant we use a simple diode capacitor (in series) to make square wave come down to get dc???

IR Driver

Is this what you need?

Attachments

• tsop.PNG
    tsop.PNG
    135.1 KB · Views: 248
Distance sensor

Here are some more circuits. If I understand correctly the 4 leds should come one when the "wall" gets to each distance. This is one way I think it might be done. Make sure to shield both the sensor and the emmiter from each other as the TSOP is very sensitive.
The 555 circuit is the transmitter and the other the TSOP receiver.

Attachments

• beams.PNG
    beams.PNG
    82.9 KB · Views: 198
  • receiver.PNG
    receiver.PNG
    104 KB · Views: 253
  • tsop.PNG
    tsop.PNG
    123.7 KB · Views: 210
Use only 5 volts to make the tsop happy. (like last set of drawings)

38khz

Not as good as the timers, but it should work. If it needs to run off of 3 volts you will need a different FET.

Attachments

• COMP XMIT.PNG
    COMP XMIT.PNG
    142.1 KB · Views: 205
Yes, but the circuit won't have much power to drive the leds so you may need more circuits for your project to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back