Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

range meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just a common ultrasonic range meter having a laser pointer to aim something or the laser itself has any affect for ranging?

I have an "electronic tape measure" like that with the Stanley name on it (and an additional $10 on it). The laser is simply for letting you know where the thing is pointed. There is such a wide degree of acceptance on the thing that it's nearly worthless for anyone but a real estate agent for measuring room sizes. I find the thing to be really aggravating to use for measuring narrower walls in larger rooms for estimating paint coverage. The concept is nice and has been around for 30 years or more, but just hasn't been improved for greater definition with more like a 1° acceptance angle ... which would make that built-in laser very necessary.

RF-based range meters? I can't wait for the explanation on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back