Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Range Finder

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

i'm trying to add a new function to my robot so i thought of the Range finder so my robot can avoid obstacles and change it's dircetion automaticalley.

my problem is i don't know what to use ..... Approxiamte detector or Ultrasonic transducer?

bytheway i have one servo motor and decide to us it too with the any of the two options.

so please tell me which one is better to use in this situation.

M.ALi

I recommend the Sharp GP2Y0A02YK. It's great value for the cost, and a great intermediate step between using bumper switches and more sophisticated means of detecting your robot's environment. Depending on the nature of the environment your robot is moving in, you may consider using two or three of these sensors for greater control, or some of the variants of this sensor for shorter ranges, but finer detail in their sensing resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back