Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Random number generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBeZeFromNAPeZe

Does anyone know how to make one of these? My Mom wants to use it on my grandma but don't want to pay that much.

Thanks

**broken link removed**

LOL !! Now that is cool :p

If i had to design one, i'd use a PIC controller and do all the hard work in software:

1> For each number pressed, add an offset to it, and save the number sequence in memory.

2> Check the number sequence that was ACTUALLY dialed, if its 911 (or what ever) dial it at once, otherwise wait for the next number or the user to stop pressing buttons (after 1 button is pressed and a delay of say 2 secs has passed)

3> When the 2 secs delay has been observed, dial the new number.

The dialing is easy enough, search for DTMF on this web site, you should get a few examples.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back