Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Random number generator confusing me:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyrizwan

Hello-every1
My Project is to make random number generator and the display should be on Seven Segment and the random should be between 1 and 6.
what can i do?
plz help me out.
if any -1 know the solution plz reply me here or e-mail me at sweet.mengo@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Since you need BOTH 1-6 and 0-9 possibilities, I'd suggest you to use a microcontroller for your project.

Using CMOS/TTL will require you to use two counters ( 6 and 10), a seven-segment driver IC and a binary full adder IC for the 6 counter.(the 6 counter will generate numbers from 0 to 5 and you need 1 to 6) plus the switching between the two counters.

but we have to use TTL ic's neither CMOS nor microcontrollers and i need random numbers only from 1 to 6,plz help me waiting for your reply

Last edited:
this is the circuit i have.but it is a random number generator from 0 to 9

1.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back