Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rain detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you trying to achieve ????

it may be done in an other way (better, cheaper, easyer) than you have in mind

Robert-Jan

-I'm trying to make a dryer for grains.. I already start making the dryer... I use thermocouple.. but I think I could best achieve it if I use dryness or humidity sensor..

-Although I would be glad to back out of this project, its too late.. The realization hit me too late..

you dry with heat or air and what is the device concept that you have already?

Robert-Jan

Last edited:
RE: dryness sensor

-We have already assemble our project. It is using a washing machine motor to drive the turbine of the washing machine too. We didn't include its timer so there is no more reverse action or movement. The source of heat is a bulb (50 watt but I think it couldn't give the heat we needed so maybe we'll change it to a 100 watts). the system is incorporated with fan to disperse the heat inside. The fan and the bulb is controlled by the thermocouple (others call it thermostat). We set the thermocouple to a certain degree and it will turn off both the fan and bulb. So far we have able to achieve that part. Its hard to experiment (with the the thermocouple 50-360 degrees) it will take too long to justify if the grain is dry.

-In that case we think that it would be better to have the dryness sensor or the humidity sensor instead to detect if the grains are already dry for just a short period of time.

-I am having a hard time searching for this type of sensor... Its not to be ready made,, we have to do it ourselves.

you dry with heat or air and what is the device concept that you have already?

Robert-Jan

One of the changes you can make to increase efficiency is to have the grain laying on a fine grid and push hot air from below through the grains

heat does dry things out but its the airflow that does the majority of the work

I don't know if it is critical how quick the grains have to be dried out??

Robert-Jan

dryer project

-the concept in drying is through heated air.. We're still on experiment if the system could really dry the grains.

-imagine the washing machine system. the bulb which is the source of heat is located at the part of the machine where excess water goes out. With the fan beside it, it will take air from the outside and blow it to the insides. Both the fan and the bulb is in connection to the thermostat. That is, when we set the thermostat for a certain degree the bulb and fan will work..

-Our problem is how could we detect that the grains are already dry even if the set temperature is not yet achieved? (The set temperature is only for switching off the heater:fan and bulb)

--tnx
One of the changes you can make to increase efficiency is to have the grain laying on a fine grid and push hot air from below through the grains

heat does dry things out but its the airflow that does the majority of the work

I don't know if it is critical how quick the grains have to be dried out??

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back