Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Railway Safety Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mast

Hi,

I am a BE Electronics and communication Eng graduate. I would like to do a project on Railways safety system. ANTI COLLISION DETECTION will be my project name. This system will have a detector system in both engines running on the same line. The detector systems should have a common code so that the detectors of both engines realizes when the trains are appro 10KM away on the same line, it should also alarm the drivers of both the engines and the nearby station controll room so that a accident can be avoided. I need a help to find me out such a detector and also help me upgrade this project and help me in finding sucess in this project so that it will be very much helpfull to our Country. please post your replies and also CC to my personal mail ID mastan_u54@rediffmail.com

Thanks
Mast

What is your country?

How about a system based on GPS?

JimB

Raiway safety system

I am located in INDA.

Can you please brief me the details of the GPS and how it can be implemented in the project and how does it work etc etc etc. I needed a detailed help sd that i can build my project sucessfully.

GPS = Global Positioning System
Uses data transmitted from satellites, the receiver modules can calculate your position, speed and direction very accurately, and they output the data in a standard format. (use google to find data on GPS and "GPS Modules")

Take the data from the module and read it into a computer of some kind. Transmit the data along with train identifier on a radio system.
Listen for transmissions from other trains equiped with this equipment.
Use the computer to look for trains nearby which may be on a collision course.

JimB

Perhaps you could...

I think you could consider this:

1 - You should be able to ascertain if two trains are in the SAME rails. Probably some identification signal periodically sent through power lines, or...? Read about that, years ago but can not recall details (Europe, perhaps?)

Knowing that they ARE NOT, would help to eliminate the doubt for the majority if not all the trains running at a certain moment in the area under surveillance.

In places where rails are running quite close to the next, eventual (temporary) lack of precision in the system could rise unnecessary alarms or, by the contrary, hide an actual dangerous situation.

2 - If they are in the SAME rails, GPS could say if they are approaching each other. Lack of accuracy is not so relevant. Just to know in what sense each one is moving.

I wonder if fixed references ("beacons" on the ground) would not help to reduce complexity in the evaluation process. Just guessing here... :?

External control should be the base of the system, I think.

Could you please expalin me with a help of some BLOCK Diagram , how an identification system can be constructed and implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back