Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radio waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
while watching video i have seen this statement "oscillating electric field oscillating magnetic field not electromagnetic wave"i dont understand what he really mean.thank you

Hi bhuvaneshnick,
I think you mean "oscillating electric field oscillating magnetic field is electromagnetic wave". The theory of electromagnetic waves (ie light waves) postulates that such waves are comprised of two parts: an oscillating electric field and an oscillating magnetic field which is (1) superimposed upon the electric field, and (2) is orthogonal (ie at right angles) to it. Each one of these fields sustains the other, since an oscillating magnetic field creates an oscillating electric field (as in a transformer secondary winding) and an oscillating electric field creates an oscillating magnetic field (as in a transformer primary winding).

This concept is formally stated in the Maxwell-Faraday equation, and this is further expanded upon here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday's_law_of_induction#Maxwell.E2.80.93Faraday_equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back