Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radio waves and gunpowder

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterjester

hey got this idea that with the right type of energy wave. maybe a controlled microwave or hfw that i can make gunpowder fire or render it unfirable any ideas guys whether this idea could have any chance?

Not sure about the "render it unfireable" part, but why woudn't you just use a spark or charge to fire gunpowder like everyone else does?

No... there's no logic at all to RF waves making gunpower not fire. Actually causing it to fire gunpowder would require absurdly high levels of microwaves, which would cook anyone around it. And it won't work inside a bullet- a brass casing capped with a lead bullet, microwaves will be reflected not passed into the gunpowder.

I got the idea when reading about scalar transmitters and Sonoluminescence and how certain energy waves could in some cases case radicals didnt know if there was a way to have the rf or microwave frequency apply. i have ammunition and was thinking of possilbly ways to disable or fire it without physical contact to it of any kind.... or a seen heat source

A spark uses less energy, mjester. Go and google on electronic lighters.

OMG... TERRORIST!!! no I'm just joking, I'm accused of being a bomb builder around by school. NO I'M NOT A BOMB MAKER! all i did was make one shoebox radio with a bunch of LEDs and funny buttons.

Certain kinds of blasting caps are capable of being set off when in the vicinity of RF fields.
This is why there are warnings about not transmitting in some areas.
Better safe than sorry.

OMG... TERRORIST!!! no I'm just joking, I'm accused of being a bomb builder around by school. NO I'M NOT A BOMB MAKER! all i did was make one shoebox radio with a bunch of LEDs and funny buttons.

I'd kill more if I just committed open burning on the bamboo leaves in front of my yard. Environmentalists will make me the No 1 target next to those madmen. No explosives needed. :p
BTW, I hate practical chemistry. Nitro and all that. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back