Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Shack Part # 2760640 38kHZ IR Receiver Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3141

3 pin one available at Radio shack, but I cant seem to order from them in the uk. Any idea where to get them? cheers.

Why Radio Shaft? You can get similar modules from lots of retired electronics (VCRs, TVs, Stereos...), and likely better quality. I've got a bunch of them, but haven't looked for data sheets for any yet, haven't had a need yet, but will someday. Most work off 5v, the center pin is the output. If you have an osciloscope, IR LED and signal source, it's simple to find the frequency.

Yes, I never hooked one up, but had a few ideas, did some research.

Check the connections BEFORE you remove then, centre is 'usually' the output, but not always!.

No need to worry about centre frequency though, they are generally all 36-40KHz, and all work quite happily anywhere within that range.

Also check if the device has a pull-up resistor from the output pin to +5V and it's value...

Some of these IR receivers need a pull-up, some have one built in.
Checking for this can save you a lot of headaches :)

Exo said:
Also check if the device has a pull-up resistor from the output pin to +5V and it's value...

Some of these IR receivers need a pull-up, some have one built in.
Checking for this can save you a lot of headaches :)

No headache! - ALWAYS add a pullup resistor :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back